Welcome to PayHero! If you haven't already, you can sign up for a 14-day Free Trial here. After registering for a PayHero account you'll receive an email with details of how to log into your PayHero company.
Once you're logged in, you can get started with PayHero right away, and any information you enter during your Free Trial period will be retained when you sign up.
Follow the steps below, and you'll be paying your employees in no time!
Step 1 - Setup Employees
You can add your employees to PayHero under Manage > Employees, or by importing them from a CSV spreadsheet. You can learn more about adding employees here: Adding A New Employee
Step 2 - Record Time (Optional)
Entering time via the Time > Timesheets section is optional - you can enter hours only at the pay processing stage for salaried employees, or if you just want to run a simplified payroll, but we highly recommended entering time to make the most of PayHero’s features.
There are few different ways to record staff time with PayHero:
- Add detailed time entries into the Time Summary section.
- Enter total hours per day into the Timesheets section.
- Give your employees Portal access to enter their own hours.
Step 3 - Connect to IRD
PayHero provides automated tax filing using IRD's Payday Filing feature.
Part of IRD's Making Tax Simpler initiative, Payday Filing means submitting PAYE information to IRD after each pay rather than once a month. This is done automatically via a direct integration between PayHero and IRD, giving you zero touch PAYE compliance.
To set up Payday Filing you simply need to authorise with IRD from your PayHero account under Manage > Integrations.
You can learn more about Payday Filing here: Payday Filing
Step 4 - Choose how to pay employees
Before creating your first pay run, make sure you've set up your preferred method for paying your employees via Manage > Settings > Payroll Settings.
There are three options to choose from - click the links below to learn more about how they work and how to finish setting them up:
- Bank Batch Files - download a file to upload to your online banking portal. Available on all PayHero plans. Be sure to check the article to see whether your bank is supported.
- Pay Now with POLi - use POLi to pay your employees via a pop-up window, by entering your bank details within the security of your bank's online banking services. Available on all PayHero plans. Incurs a $5 per pay fee, cutoff times and transaction limits apply - check the article for more information.
- Pay Now with Akahu - integrate PayHero with Akahu to pay your employees each payday from within PayHero without needing your bank details each time. Available on our Super or Universe plans. Cutoff times and transaction limits are defined by your bank.
You can also disable the Include Tax in Payments setting if you don't want to pay IRD at the same time as paying your employees.
Step 5 - Create a pay
Running a pay in PayHero is simple, whether you’re entering time via timesheets or not. You simply need to review the pay details under Payroll > Review, then create a draft pay, add and edit any details as required, and send the pay. For a full run through of how to create a pay in PayHero, see this article: Processing a Pay Run
Congratulations, you're now ready to pay your employees!