Teams enable you to further organise your staff, track business costs and manage your payroll.
- Create Teams to group your employees by different departments or store locations.
- Assign separate provincial anniversaries for employees in different locations.
- Allocate separate Xero Tracking Categories by Team.
- Nominate Managers who can manage time, leave requests, and expense requests for their Teams.
- Use Teams in conjunction with PayHero Shift to record accurate, to-the-minute, employee time entries.
- Restrict which Work employees can record time against, or limit employee time access completely so you can be sure time is entered by the appropriate people, for the correct work.
Creating a Team
To begin using teams go to Manage > Teams and select the button to create a team. Your first team is free, with each subsequent team adding an additional $10 per month to your subscription.
Once a team has been created, you can apply the basic settings for the Team:
Team Name - A unique name to identify the team.
Default Work - The default work option that team members' time entries will be recorded against.
Provincial Anniversary - If the team has a different provincial anniversary than the company default, you can select the appropriate anniversary.
Tracking Category - If you've setup Team tracking in your Xero Settings you'll also have a dropdown field available where you can set the appropriate category for this team.
You'll now be ready to start adding employees and additional work to your team.
Adding & Managing Employees
To add an employee, click the button in the bottom left and select their name from the list. You can search for specific employees by using the Search Employees field at the top of the list.
Once you've added some employees they'll appear under the Team Members tab for that team. To remove an employee from a team, select the X on the far right of the employee's line.
You'll have the following options to manage your team members as required.
Manager - selecting the Manager checkbox next to an employee's name will give that employee Manager level user access to PayHero. This enables the following:
- Managers are the only users able to log in to PayHero Shift.
- When logging into PayHero, Managers are able to manage their team's time entries, leave requests & expense requests. See what that looks like on a tablet or computer here: Employee Portal - Manager, or on mobile here: Mobile App - Manager Access
- Managers will also receive email notifications for any Leave or Expense requests from team members they manage, provided they have active user access.
Hide Time - Using this checkbox on an employee will hide the Time tab when the employee logs in via the employee portal or mobile app. This prevents the employee from being able to record any time themselves into PayHero, unless it's by clocking into Shift.
If the employee is in multiple teams but only has Hide Time ticked in some, they'll still be able to view the Time tab when they log in. However, they'll only be able to record or edit time entries for Work that is set on their team(s) where the employee doesn't have Hide Time ticked.
Override Default Work - Selecting this checkbox will allow you to set a Default Work (From Work added to the team) for this employee which differs from the Default Work for the team. This new Default Work will now be used when the employee clocks in with Shift, and will be the default if the employee records time in the Portal or the mobile app (though it can be overridden when manually recording time).
Employees will only be able to record time against Work which is included in their Team(s). To start adding more work to your team first navigate to the Work tab, found alongside Team Members.
To add Work options, click the button in the bottom left and select the name from the list. You can search for Work using the Search Project field at the top of the list. To remove Work from a team, select the X on the far right of the work line.
Employees logging into PayHero will only be able to record their time against Work which has been assigned to one of their Teams.