The Time > Summary screen provides a company-wide overview of the week's time entries. This area of PayHero can be used to review time entries before running a pay. Any Leave Requests from the Leave tab will also be shown, so you can see the full week for your employees at a glance.
For employees with no recorded time or leave for the day, the Time Summary screen will show the day as blank such as Saturday & Sunday in the above screenshot.
If the employee has a detailed Employee Work Pattern but no recorded time, PayHero will display their expected hours for the day as a grey outline, as seen on Mon-Fri for Emma Davies above.
Recorded time or leave will be shown as a white block and the coloured bar relates to the colour of the Work the time was recorded against, or the Leave Type the leave for leave. You can hover your cursor over the coloured bars to view a breakdown of the day's work with the Start/End times of each entry.
Clicking on a recorded time entry will open that employee's Individual Time Summary.
To navigate between different weeks you can use the arrows on either side of the selected date range in the top left or by clicking on the calendar icon to jump directly to a specific date.
You can also use the filter options in the top right to change which staff will display.
The available filter options include:
- The Employees dropdown - select a specific employee to view only their time.
- The Pay Cycles dropdown - choose a certain Pay Cycle to only view staff in that Pay Cycle.
- The Labels filter - select any labels to view only employees who have those labels. See Using Employee Labels for more details.
- By clicking on the menu button in the top right, there are three additional options. You can use any combination of these to change the view including:
- Hide Employees Without Time, to hide any employees who have no time entries recorded.
- Hide Salaried Employees, to hide any employees who are paid a salary - often salaried employees don't record timesheets, so it can be handy to remove them from this view.
- Hide Clocked Out Employees, to hide any employees who aren't currently clocked in, either via PayHero Shift or using the Start Clock option in the Employee Mobile App.
The menu button also contains the Reports option, to access a PDF copy of the timesheets. See more here: Time Summary Report.
There will also be options to Approve Time and Unapprove Time, if your company has Timesheet Approvals enabled.
The Time Summary screen will also show whether time has been included in a Draft or Sent pay. This is indicated by the Paid marker.
Time marked as Paid will require additional steps to edit or change. Please see Editing & Deleting Time for more details.
Individual Time Summary
To view the week summary for an individual, click on the employee's name or on one of their recorded time entries from the Time > Summary screen.
From this screen, you can record, edit and delete time entries the same way your employees do if they have been Invited to Use PayHero. There are several ways to record time from this page.
Click on the Green Plus button in the top right to open the record time pop-up. The Start/End Times and Break Duration will default to the settings on the chosen Work but can be changed if needed.
The record time pop-up allows full control over the recorded time entry.
- Date - Select a specific calendar date or day the time relates to.
- Start Time - When the employee began work.
- End Time - When the employee finished work.
- Break Duration - The duration of any Unpaid Breaks taken.
- Duration - The total 'paid' hours worked by the employee. This excludes any unpaid breaks taken.
- Work - The Work the time will be recorded against.
- Notes - Add any timesheet notes relating to this entry.
Click Save to create the entry.
Click and Drag
From the individual time summary you can click and drag directly within the calendar view to create a time entry spanning your selected range.
Click and hold where the time entry begins, and release where the time entry ends. Afterwards, the Record Time pop-up will display if any adjustments are required, such as adding an unpaid break.
Click on the arrow in the top right of the individual time summary to collapse the calendar view. This will leave only the timesheets view where you can quickly bulk enter time for the employee.
Click on the button in the bottom left to add an additional work option. Click into any timesheet field to enter the total duration of 'paid' hours worked on that date. Please note, this will not include any unpaid breaks that may be set as a default on the selected Work option.