Sometimes you may need to transfer employees from one PayHero account to another.
This can happen if you've sold your business and the new owners are setting up a fresh account, or if you simply have multiple companies and the employee is moving to another one.
The steps to get your employees set up and their history moved across are nice and simple:
- Finish processing the last pay in their current account, as usual.
- Create a copy of the employee(s) in the new account. Learn more about adding employees here: Adding a New Employee. Ensure all the settings on the employee(s) match the settings in the original account. In particular, make sure all the fields on the Employment and Leave tabs match up.
- On the employee record(s) in the original company, make the following changes:
- Set the Finish Date on the Employment tab
- Set all the balances on the Leave tab to 0 (this is optional, but ensures they no longer show as a liability in your Leave Liability Report)
- On the Notes tab, add a note explaining that their balances were transferred to the other company
- Download a copy of their Pay History from Insights (see the settings to apply below), and send it through to email@example.com for us to import.
- Send us an invite into the PayHero account you've moved them to at the same time - see the 'Inviting Payhero Support' section of this article for how to invite us in: Admin Settings
- If the employee had already loaded any timesheets into the original company, which haven't been paid yet, make sure you delete and enter them into the Time tab in the new account.
- If the employee had already requested any future Leave Requests into the original company, make sure you decline those and pop them into the Leave tab in the new account.
Pay History Export
For step 4, the report you create in Insights should have the following settings:
Under the Filters tab, you'll also need to add a filter for the employee(s) in question:
Once the settings are applied, you can click the blue refresh button to ensure it looks good, then select 'Download CSV' to download the report.