This article discusses who will receive expenses and leave requests, how you can change your set-up to suit your company's requirements, and some simple troubleshooting.
How can leave and expense requests be actioned?
Admins can accept and decline leave and expense requests for each month from the Time and Leave tabs, as seen in our articles here:
Admins can also see notifications of requests that require action on their Dashboard, and can click the notification to go straight to the associated request.
When clicking View Request, the manager will see all information pertaining to the leave or expense request, so that they can review the details and approve or decline as required:
Troubleshooting and common queries
How do I set up a Team Manager to receive emailed requests?
To set an employee profile as a Team Manager, navigate to Manage > Teams and click into the relevant Team. Tick the Manager checkbox by the employee's name.
You'll also need to ensure the Team Manager user profile has been invited to use PayHero. This can be done from the Manage > Personal tab. Once they've accepted the invite, their login email address will be where any leave and expense requests from team members are sent.
What if an Admin wishes to receive email notifications for requests?
If the admin has an employee record, they'll just need to ensure their employee record is set up as the manager, and has active user access in PayHero. You can achieve this by either:
- Inviting the employee record with a different email address than the admin email - this is the email they will then receive requests to. Or,
- Linking the admin record to their employee record. This option is best if the admin would like to receive requests to their admin login email. This can be done under Manage > Admins, as seen here:
If the admin doesn't have an employee record, see our support article: How do I add a Team Manager who doesn't have an employee profile? for details on how to set them up. Then apply one of the two options to invite them or link them to their admin record.
How do Team Managers get their own requests approved?
Like any other employee, Team Managers can submit leave and expense requests through the Employee Portal. These will pop up on the Admin's Dashboard to be accepted or declined as required.
Team Managers cannot approve their own leave and expenses, or the requests of other Team Managers in the same team. For example, in the team below, Emma and Jane can both approve requests from John, Karen, and Samuel, but can't approve each other's requests:
If a particular approver should handle the requests for other managers, this can be achieved by creating a separate Team for the managers. For example, in another team Emma and Jane don't have 'Manager' ticked, and Steve is set as their manager instead:
Can a Team Manager receive their payslips to a different email address?
Yes! You can check the email addresses that will be used for payslips and requests in the 'Personal' tab for the employee, under Manage > Employees.
The Contact > Email field will be where employees receive their payslips to, and the Employee Access > Login Email Address is where requests will be sent.
Can a Team Manager change the email they receive requests to?
Requests will always be sent to the Login Email for the Team Manager, which you can check in their 'Personal' tab under Manage > Employees.
If desired, they can change their Login Email from the 'My Profile' page, as seen here: How can I update my login details?
Alternatively, an administrator can remove their user access and re-invite them with the preferred email via their 'Personal' tab under Manage > Employees.
Why hasn't the Team Manager received an emailed request?
If a Team Manager hasn't received an emailed leave or expense request for one of their team members, there are a few possible causes, which you can troubleshoot using the steps below.
- Check that the Team Manager has the 'Manager' checkbox ticked in the relevant Team and that this was ticked at the time the employee originally submitted their request.
- Make sure the employee who has made the leave request is also a member of that Team, and was added to the Team before they originally submitted their request.
- Ensure the Team Manager is looking at the same email account that is associated with their PayHero login details. This is the email address they log in with, and may differ from the email they receive their payslips to.
- Check the Team Manager has checked their Spam and Promotions folders
- Ensure the Team Manager has been invited to use PayHero, and had accepted the invite at the time the employee submitted their request.