Mondayised Public Holidays means that if a qualifying public holiday falls on either a Saturday or Sunday:
- For employees who would not otherwise work on that Saturday or Sunday, the public holiday must be treated as falling on the following Monday.
- For employees who would otherwise work on that Saturday or Sunday, the public holiday must be treated as falling on that day.
Processing a Mondayised Public Holiday
For more information on determining payment for a Public Holiday and whether the day is an Otherwise Working Day for a particular employee, please see our following support articles:
To check the processing applied by PayHero for any Public Holidays in your pay run, download the Public Holiday Audit Report after creating the draft pay but before sending it.
Public Holidays able to be Mondayised
Only certain public holidays are eligible to be Mondayised, these are the following:
- New Year's Day (1 January)
- Day After New Year's Day (2 January)
- Waitangi Day (6 February)
- ANZAC Day (25 April)
- Christmas Day (25 December)
- Boxing Day (26 December)
For further information, please see the MBIE website: MBIE - Public Holidays Falling on a Weekend.