Teams enable you to further organise your staff, track business costs and manage your payroll.
- Create Teams to group your employees by different departments or store locations.
- Allocate separate Xero Tracking Categories by Team.
- Nominate Managers who can manage time, leave requests, and expense requests for their Teams.
- Use Teams in conjunction with PayHero Shift to record accurate to the minute employee time entries.
- Restrict which Work employees can record time against, or limit employee time access completely so you can be sure time is entered by the appropriate people, for the correct work.
Creating a Team
To begin using teams go to Manage > Teams and select the icon to create a team. Your first team is free, with each subsequent team adding an additional $10 per month to your subscription.
Once a team has been created the following mandatory fields need to be completed - these can be edited later if required.
Team Name - A unique name to identify the team.
Default Work - The default work team member time entries will be recorded against.
You'll now be ready to start adding employees and additional work to your team.
Adding & Managing Employees
To add an employee click the button in the bottom right and select their name from the list. You can search for specific employees by using the 'Search Employees' field at the top of the list.
Once you've added some employees they'll appear under the Team Members tab for that team. To remove an employee from a team, select the 'x' on the far right of the employee's line.
You'll have the following options to manage your team members as required.
Manager - selecting the Manager checkbox next to an employee's name will give that employee Manager level user access to PayHero. This enables the following:
- Managers are the only users able to log in to PayHero Shift.
- When logging into the Employee Portal, Managers are able to manage their team's time entries, leave requests & expense requests.
- Managers will also receive email notifications for any Leave or Expense requests from team members they manage.
Please note that managers are still unable to log in via payhero.app which is the administrator app for processing payroll.
Hide Time - Using this checkbox on an employee will hide the Time tab when the employee logs in via the employee portal or mobile app. This prevents the employee from being able to record any time themselves into PayHero, unless it's by clocking into Shift.
If the employee is in multiple Teams but only has Hide Time ticked in some, they'll still be able to view the Time tab when they log in. However, they'll only be able to record or edit time entries for Work that is set on their Team(s) where the employee doesn't have 'Hide Time' ticked.
Override Default Work - Selecting this checkbox will allow you to set a Default Work (From Work added to the Team) for this employee which differs from the Default Work for the team. This new default work will now be used when the employee clocks in with Shift, and will be the default if the employee records time in the portal or the mobile app (though it can be overridden when manually recording time).
To start adding more work to your team first navigate to the 'Work' tab, found alongside 'Team Members'.
To add work click the button in the bottom right and select the name from the list. You can search for work using the 'Search' field at the top of the list. To remove work from a team, select the 'x' on the far right of the work line.