New Zealand tax legislation allows employers to claim any annual leave paid out within 63 days of the end of financial year as a deduction in that year.
You'll need a Leave Liability Report to get the Holiday Pay and Annual Leave totals as at 31 March. Follow the instructions in this article to download a copy of the Leave Liability Report filtered to March 31st: Leave Liability Report.
Then use Insights Reports to create the following report of leave paid out during the 63 day period:
- Name your report
- Set the Table to Leave Pay Detail
- Add the columns you're interested in (the screenshot above shows an example of the most common columns to add)
Under Filters you'll need to apply a date range filter for the 63 day period:
- Set the filter type to Range
- Set the field to Pay End Date
- Set the range to the 63 day period (April 1st to June 2nd)
- Click Save Filter
Click the button in the top right to see a report of any pays ending within the specified date range which paid out leave. You may also wish to use filters to view only specific types of leave.