After Processing a Pay Run, PayHero automatically generates a bank file containing all the payment transaction information for paying your employees and the IRD. These files contain employees’ direct credit information and should be uploaded to your (i.e. the employer’s) online banking to complete payment.
When you click Send Pay, PayHero will generate a file compatible with your online banking - the format is based on the bank account number entered in Manage > Settings > Company, provided you bank with one of the Supported Banks.
These files are populated with the details from the pay. The bank Particulars, Code, and Reference for each employee will be based on the pay date and your company name.
You can also download bank files from Payroll > Sent. Select the pay or pays you want to download, open the options menu from the right and click Download Bank Batch File. Each pay will generate a separate file.
The files will save to your browser's default location for downloads. The file name will be in the format of 'BankBatch_
By default PayHero includes tax payments to the IRD in your pay cycle's bank batch files. Processing your employee payments with a bank batch file will pay all relevant tax to the IRD at the same time.
Alternatively, if you would rather make your payments to the IRD manually by the 20th, this setting will need to be turned off. Managing this setting can be done through the Payroll Settings page under Include Tax in Bank Batch and deselecting the checkbox. Now you can head to Tax Unpaid. Select the Tax Month you wish to pay, open the options menu from the right and click Download Bank Batch.
A file will automatically download containing the payment information required for that tax period - KiwiSaver Employee and Employer contributions, Student Loan, PAYE, Child Support etc. You can then upload that to your online banking the same as the payroll file.
Remember to Mark as Paid from the options menu once you've processed a tax payment.
Please note, each bank may refer to Bank Batch Files under a different name. The relevant links to bank websites and their file import process can be found below.
PayHero's Bank Batch Files can be generated for the following banks:
- ANZ - Uploading a Payment File in ANZ Internet Banking. If you're using regular online banking rather than ANZ Direct you will be restricted in how many payments you can include in the batch and may not be able to include tax payments. You should go to Manager Settings Payroll Settings and remove the tick from Include Tax in Payments. You can then use the Tax tab to see how much tax you need to pay each month.
- ASB - How Do I Import a Direct Debit Receipt File?
- BNZ - Payroll and Direct Credit Payments
- Kiwibank - Bulk Payments
- National Australia Bank
- National Bank of New Zealand
- The Co-operative Bank
- Trust Bank
- Westland Bank
- Westpac - Business Online User Guide Page 18